India is emerging as an affordable and quality healthcare service provider in the world. Thanks to better health awareness, the rise in personal income, and access to quality healthcare institutions, this sector has almost doubled its size.
Such enormous growth is also partially credited to various institutions offering healthcare finance to medical practitioners. Quick and easy financing helps to acquire the latest equipment, build better infrastructure, and maintain steady cash flow in the business.
There are multiple financial institutions including many NBFCs which offer loan for doctors. These come with exclusive interest rates and less stringent T&Cs. Therefore, healthcare financing is playing a crucial role in India’s healthcare industries development.
Let’s take a look at some facts about healthcare financing in India.
- NBFCs offer various types of credits under the same umbrella
Financial institutions provide credits according to different schemes depending on the unique professional and personal needs of a medical professional. There can be various reasons why medical professionals or physicians should avail loan for doctors.
Primarily, the four variants of these loans are:
- Personal loan for doctors – A personal loan for doctors offers up to Rs. 30 Lakh with interest rates from 14% to 16%.
- A business loan for doctors – This credit is mainly to buy the latest medical equipment, healthcare finance, develop infrastructure, integrate the newest technology in practice, etc. It offers an interest rate ranging from 14-16%.
- Home loan for doctors – Home loans of up to Rs. 2 Crore are provided for doctors, at an interest rate of 8.50% to 9% p.a.
- Loan against the property for doctors – This type of financing is suitable for funding high-ticket costs. It offers a 9.50% to 11% p.a. the rate of interest against the principal amount.
- Healthcare financing helps progress underdeveloped medical sectors
Indian healthcare professionals suffered because of its weak medical device manufacturing sector. However, thanks to the availability of healthcare financing nowadays, more manufacturers are producing quality equipment.
This has a direct impact on patients and medical care cost. Locally manufactured equipment drastically cut down acquisition cost and service time. Also, reduced medical equipment loan rates of interests helped practitioners invest in necessary POC equipment. After all, it’s essential to purchase all the must-have point of care medical equipment for better service.
- These loans come with attractive features and benefits
Healthcare finance from a reputed financial institution offers multiple features and benefits for the borrower. Many NBFCs offer Flexi Loan facility where someone can withdraw funds as and when required. A borrower also pays interest only on the amount withdrawn.
One also enjoys prepayment facility and pay off the credit completely or partially before its tenure ends. The eligibility criteria and documentation are also kept simple to keep the process hassle-free. Many financial institutions offer loan disbursement within 24 hours.
- It helps in developing better medical facilities in rural areas
An increasing number of medical professionals are opening polyclinics with the help of healthcare finance. It is especially evident in rural parts of the country where there are less medical facilities available.
A polyclinic is a medical centre where some doctors from different specialized fields attend to patients. According to recent surveys, setting up a polyclinic almost costs 70% less than a hospital, and patients pay nearly 20% less for their treatment. Doctors can efficiently meet financial challenges like setting up infrastructure, hiring support staff, creating a suitable network with the help of easy-to-avail healthcare finances.
The healthcare market is eyeing Rs. 8.6 Trillion by 2022. Thanks to the availability of healthcare finance from different institutions and various Government schemes, medical professionals are reaching out to the general population more efficiently.